Capitalstackers Limited ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulations (“GDPR”), we are the data controller.
LAWFUL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
If you do not have a CapitalStackers account, we will process your data because you have consented to our doing so. If you are a CapitalStackers account holder or authorised by an account holder to access their account, data is used in the operation of that account and for regulatory compliance purposes (such as anti-money laundering “Know Your Customer” checks). See below under the heading “How we may use your personal information”.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us- You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.capitalstackers.com (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, engage in bidding and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address and phone number, financial, personal description, photograph and other information required to comply with anti-money laundering legislation.
- Information we collect about you- With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources- We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
HOW WE MAY USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us- We will use this information:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- To advise you about new lending opportunities;
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- To provide you with information about services we feel may interest you. We will only contact you by e-mail;
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you- We will use this information:
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you. These third parties have agreed to confidentiality restrictions and use any personal data we share with them or which they collect on our behalf solely for the purpose of providing the contracted service to us.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Capitalstackers Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms of Website Useand other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Capitalstackers Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We retain your information for no longer than necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. In determining how long your information will be stored, we will consider: (a) the purposes and use of your information both now and in the future; and (b) what information we need to:
- best provide you with products and services;
- manage your relationship with us;
- meet our statutory obligations;
- develop our products and services; and
- meet our customers’ and previous customers’ reasonable expectations.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
The GDPR gives you the following rights:
- To request access to your information and information related to our use and processing of your personal data;
- To request the correction of your information (we may seek to verify the accuracy of the personal information before rectifying it);
- In certain situations to ask us to erase, block or restrict the personal data we hold about you, or object to particular ways in which we are using your personal information;
- In certain situations, you can also ask us to send the personal information you have given to us to a third party;
- To withdraw your consent to our use of your personal data at any time where we rely on your consent to use or process that information. This will not affect the lawfulness of our processing of your data prior to your withdrawal;
- To object to the processing of your information for certain purposes, namely:
- Where we use or process it for our legitimate interests. However, in this instance, we can continue to use or process your information where we can demonstrate to you that we have compelling legitimate grounds for doing so.
- To us using or processing your information for direct marketing purposes. You may also exercise your right to object to us using or processing your information for direct marketing purposes by clicking on the unsubscribe link contained at the bottom of any marketing email we send to you and updating your preferences.
You can exercise your rights at any time by contacting us at Riverside House, Kings Reach Business Park, Yew Street, Stockport SK4 2HD OR by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please conduct us in the first instance.